#BagAMunro is back!
This May, take on our #BagAMunro challenge to support vulnerable people around Scotland to emerge stronger than ever from this lockdown.
We believe in the therapeutic benefits of the outdoors for our participants’ mental health and wellbeing, promoting our greenspace work throughout all our core programmes, and encouraging participants to get outdoors. We also want to encourage you to do the same!
This past year has been hard for everyone, especially disadvantaged communities already struggling before the pandemic. Help us make sure the long-term effects of this lockdown don’t impact those least equipped/able to deal with them.
Now that we can get outside again, take up our #BagAMunro in May challenge.
Last year we had some superb fundraisers #BagAMunro from their own back garden. Aiden and Caladh slid down the length of Ben Nevis (all 4,414ft) on the slide in their back garden. Alex and Emma then bounced up the height of Ben Lomond from their trampoline!
How are you going to #BagAMunro?
There are 282 Munros in Scotland, totalling 937,493 ft!
For an extreme challenge you could choose to cover the distance of the total height of all Munros in a month - you would need to cover 6 miles each day - now that would be quite the feat! Or here are some less extreme options:
- See how many ‘virtual’ Munros you can tick off in the month by walking, swimming, cycling, or running the distance… you could even challenge a friend or colleague to see who can complete the most!
- Pick your favourite Munro and aim to complete that distance everyday/ or see how many times you can ‘reach the top’ in a month.
- Be creative: pick your favourite Munro and climb the height from the stairs in your house, slide the length from the slide in the back garden, or even bounce the height from a trampoline…
- Now that restrictions are easing, and if you have the skills and experience, get your boots on this Spring and Summer and bag one or more Munros for real.
Choose a target which is a challenge but realistic – there are 282 Munros, could you raise £282?!
- Fundraising using an online platform is easy and allows you to share content to your social media accounts to encourage friends and family to donate
- Set up your own fundraising page here at JustGiving. Choose to ‘start fundraising’ and follow the prompts – you’ll be able to select Venture Trust as your charity partner
- If you want to collect donations offline, you can download and print copies of this sponsorship form, or request copies from firstname.lastname@example.org
Please get in touch to register your #BagaMunro challenge. The team at Venture Trust are on hand to help you plan your challenge and support your fundraising...
Whether you choose to climb a real Munro, or use your own staircase for inspiration, all the money you raise will help more disadvantaged people around Scotland engage with the outdoors and discover their self-confidence and potential.
By fundraising for Venture Trust, you will be helping people like Alister harness the power of the outdoor to benefit their mental health and wellbeing. “Venture Trust were looking after me and helping me without me realising. That meant more to me than the world. Getting to the outdoors really changed my perspective. I used to get myself into bother, but I promised myself I wasn’t going to do that anymore.”
Read more about Alister's journey here.
Did you know
Scotland is home to some incredible outdoor spaces – including 282 mountains over 3,000 ft. Named after Sir Hugh Munro, 4th Baronet (1856–1919), who produced the first list of such hills, Scotland’s Munros may be modest in height but climbing every single one is no mean feat. ‘Munro-bagging’ is popular amongst hillwalkers although less than 7,000 people have achieved a ‘full round’.