In recognition of Venture Trust’s partnership with Arc’teryx, we’re offering Arc’teryx employees the opportunity to take part in this year’s virtual Virgin Money London Marathon in aid of Venture Trust. As a virtual event, we’re delighted to be able to make this offer to you regardless of where in the world you are!
Virgin Money London Marathon
3 October 2021
Join our team
Join Team Venture Trust
In recognition of our partnership, we are offering Arc’teryx employees’ the opportunity to take part in this year’s virtual Virgin Money London Marathon in aid of Venture Trust. As a virtual event, we’re delighted to be able to make this offer to you regardless of where in the world you are!
Venture Trust have secured 3 places in the virtual event, which we are offering for free for runners who can commit to raising a minimum of £1,000 (c.$1,700/€1,100) for Venture Trust through their fundraising.
In case we have more than three interested runners, if you’d like to take part for Venture Trust please register your interest here by Friday 12th March. To keep things fair, we’ll choose 3 entries randomly after that date and let you know if you have or haven’t been successful the week after, by Friday 19th March.
We’d love you to take part and raise funds to enable disadvantaged young people and adults benefit from the transformative power of nature. Join the 'expedition' and become one of our amazing fundraisers.
The first virtual Virgin Money London Marathon was held in 2020, when 37,966 runners completed the event, which was awarded an official Guinness World Records title for the most users to run a remote marathon in 24 hours. Following on from this success, this year you can join 50,000 other runners up and down the UK – and across the world – as part of 2021’s virtual event.
With another 50,000 runners scheduled to take place in person, you will be taking part in the largest one-day fundraising event on the planet with 100,000 scheduled runners in total.
Support from Virgin Money London Marathon
To make each runner’s journey to the Virgin Money London Marathon Start Line (real or virtual!) as easy as possible, a large range of support materials and training guidance from Virgin Money London Marathon experts will be available on the website, via newsletters and on social media channels – including Facebook Live Q&A sessions.
After the event you will receive an official finishers medal and T-Shirt for your virtual 2021 Virgin London Marathon.
Support from Venture Trust
We will cheer you on virtually every step of the way, share your efforts and provide a Venture Trust running top on which to pin your official marathon number.
Each Venture Trust runner…
- …should use the Virgin Money Giving giving platform to raise funds for Venture Trust
- …can also access paper-based sponsorship forms if required
- ….will receive a Venture Trust performance running top (t-shirt or vest) and a Venture Trust buff (aka neck warmer, sweat band, face mask…)
- …will receive support through Venture Trust’s social media, website, supporter newsletter
- …will be hailed a hero by participants and staff at Venture Trust!
Some 2021 Virgin London Marathon Points to Note
- Entrants must be 18 or over on Sunday 3 October 2021
- All 26.2 miles must be completed on Sunday 3 October 2021
- Participants need to observe current government guidance on social distancing while training and during the event
- The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon App, powered by TCS, will require the participant to enable GPS to track their 26.2 miles
- Tracking information will be used to produce the individual certificate unique to the participant
- The virtual 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon is not held on closed roads
- Runners are responsible for their own nutrition and hydration during the virtual event
- All virtual event participants will be asked to upload proof of their time and official results will be published
- Participants in the virtual event may be eligible to apply for a Good for Age or Championship place in the 2022 London Marathon and for the London Classics medal – if they do so they will be asked to provide supplementary evidence. Further information will be published in the run-up to Marathon Day
- Visit the Virgin London Marathon website for comprehensive lists of FAQs