Looking ahead, in 2013-14 we aim to:
Transform lives across Scotland
- We will continue to refine our programmes to deliver effective, relevant support, aimed at holistically supporting those who are considered the ‘hardest to reach’. We will continue to make our support available as widely as possible, and to monitor our outcomes to ensure that our participants are supported to make and sustain real change in their lives.
Enhance employability support
- In communities, we will enhance our support to enable participants to acquire core life skills and tackle barriers to employment, education, training or volunteering opportunities. This includes developing partnerships with local and national businesses, who offer a range of support to our participants including employability training, supported work placements and training opportunities. We will expand our internship programme and deliver recognised accredited awards valued by employers.
Grow our UK partnerships
- We will work with other organisations to support people experiencing homelessness into more permanent accommodation. We will also launch a new personal development programme to assist ex-service personnel experiencing difficulty adjusting to their new circumstances to make a positive transition into civilian life. The addition of peer mentor training will enable them to offer support to younger people in their communities.
- We are committed to enabling our participants to find their voice and share their stories of the issues they face and the successes they achieve. We will publicise the importance of the issues our programmes address, launch a new film about our work, and represent our participants among decision makers.
Become more self-sufficient
- We will broaden our network of our supporters, and raise income through a range of exciting fundraising events, ranging from outdoor challenges to team building activities. We plan to increase Venture Mhòr’s trading income by marketing and delivering training opportunities, and by promoting the Applecross youth hostel.