Venture Trust’s Statement on COVID-19 – UPDATED MARCH 18, 2020
As the growing impacts of coronavirus continue to affect more people across the UK, protecting the health and wellbeing of the people we support, and our staff, is our top priority.
In response to the latest developments announced on March 18 by the Scottish Government, Venture Trust is temporarily suspending all programmes in their current form, and in response to COVID-19, will deliver a different service, our dedicated and skilled staff will be offering bespoke support over phone or video platforms – whichever individuals can access.
Our priorities are to continue to support people as the most vulnerable members of our society in a way that is safe, helpful and in line with all Government advice and regulations.
- We will continue to take referrals from our partners with the aim of resuming normal operational procedures once the threat of coronavirus (COVID-19) has passed and we are given the all clear to resume our face-to-face work supporting those in need.
- From Monday 23 March, we are pausing all face-to-face contact between our staff and participants until further notice from government and health authorities.
- Our staff will check in with people, provide personal development and wellbeing support, whilst getting their feedback on the types of help and support that might make the difference. We will use phone, messaging and other digital media to build relationships.
- We will be offering and delivering specific support for people around coronavirus and self-isolation and a significant change of usual routine.
- You will still be able to get in touch with the Venture Trust team by phone or email during business hours.
Our social media channels will be regularly updated, so please check our Facebook, Twitter and website pages for further news. Scottish Government information about COVID-19 (coronavirus) can be found here.
We will also keep our policies under constant review and update with relevant Government advice.