| Films | Fundraising | News
Funding Stories: An inspiring partnership with The Robertson Trust
Our Inspiring Young Futures programmes allows young people to realise their potential.
With the support of funders like The Robertson Trust, the three-phase personal development programme allows young people to discover that there are strengths that they didn't think they had, draw on aspects of their background and personality to solve problems.
Other key skills include communication, time management, accountability, establishing trust, dealing with challenging situations, and giving and receiving feedback.
Our approach is preventative and long-term. We focus on an individual’s strengths, equipping them with essential life-skills and building confidence.
Together, we can tackle a cycle of harm and inequality which leaves some people in the margins of society. With the sustained support and new skills, young people are moving towards further education, training and work.
Watch the video below to find out more about this wonderful partnership that is changing young people's lives:
To achieve thier mission of improving the quality of life and realising the potential of people and communities in Scotland, The Robertson Trust focus on four high-level outcomes:
- improving outcomes for individuals and communities
- improving capacity of third sector organisations to deliver impact to their beneficiaries
- building and using evidence to inform policy and practice
- developing our own understanding of our role as a funder.
They do this by:
- funding and supporting charitable organisations of all sizes who are committed to achieving positive change for individuals and communities across Scotland
- building understanding of the root causes of problems and testing potential approaches and solutions
- supporting talented young people who may face barriers to education and development