Inspiring Young Futures Referrers Survey 2015
Inspiring Young Futures – Referrers Survey 2015
Towards the end of 2015, we sent out an online survey to 360 stakeholders and referrers to find out their views about our Inspiring Young Futures (IYF) programme - this report presents the findings.
“Venture Trust provides a bespoke service for young people that makes a real difference in their lives by showing them that they can make positive changes and enjoy doing so”
Key findings from the survey:
- Improving young people’s self-confidence, broadening aspirations and developing the ability to deal with challenge were identified by 98% as either important or very important reasons for referral.
- Improving the ability to develop positive relationships and build social networks, improve communication skills and emotion management skills were identified by 97% as either important or very important reasons for referral.
- It is a combination of the different stages of the Venture Trust IYF programme that leads to success, including the chance to receive support in the community and access to the unique opportunity that the Wilderness Journey provides.
- The community progression support to identify and access local opportunities in training, education, volunteering, work taster and placement opportunities are an important element of the programme.
- The quality/approach of Venture Trust staff, Venture Trust’s distinct approach to personal development and the high level of communication with referral partners were identified as particular strengths.
- The IYF programme meets particular needs in local areas and there is a high level of support for maintaining the programme. 98.3% of respondents agreed that “there would be a gap in the provision available if IYF was no longer available”.
“Fantastic experience with Venture Trust, great support and tailored to the needs of the young person. Would definitely refer again!”
We are grateful to everyone who took part and we are very pleased with the positive feedback, plus the opportunity to take on board suggestions for improvement.
For further information, please contact Sue Sinclair, Funding & Contracts Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.