We offer a range of ways for businesses, corporate individuals and staff teams to get involved with Venture Trust; whether that’s by taking part in one of our fundraising challenges, continuing their professional development by volunteering their skills and expertise in our head office, or organising an in-house event with our support.
Benefits of a partnership with Venture Trust
- We'll support you to take part in exciting and innovative events to raise money for Venture Trust, boost staff morale and get your teams working together towards a shared goal.
- Strengthen your reputation as an organisation that cares about your community, provides a positive working environment for staff, and invests ethically to support others in society.
- We're able to offer secondments and internship opportunities to provide developmental opportunities for staff.
- We're flexible about how we work with you, and are happy to discuss different ways of getting involved that align with your organisation's mission, values, skills and priorities.
- You'll have plenty of opportunities to communicate the impact of your support to Venture Trust’s networks. Plus opportunities for excellent stories and images to communicate the impact of your involvement in Venture Trust amongst your partners and staff.
What does a partnership look like?
- Positive association with our brand.
- A dedicated single point of contact at Venture Trust.
- Opportunities to take part in corporate events, training, wilderness activities and pro-bono work - specifically tailored to your aims and the needs of your employees.
- Opportunity to feature in our annual review, website, social media sites and newsletter, as well as press and publicity coverage.
- Access to a wide range of fundraising materials.
- Opportunity to attend presentation events and programme visits to witness the value of your support.
Join the crowd...
The following companies have supported Venture Trust's work and participants - a huge thank you to all of them!
- Barclays: Continuous long-standing support of our Venture Together programme, providing financial and employability masterclasses for participants, along with a weekend residential working work on conservation projects alongside our participants.
- McCrea Financial Services: Have chosen Venture Trust as one of their charities of the year for 2016.
- Network Rail: Have donated to Venture Trust through their Community Safety Partnership, and provided training and learning opportunities for our participants.
- Hilton Hotels: Have provided a range of supported training and work experience programmes for our participants across Edinburgh Michelin starred restaurants.
- Sainsbury's Quartermile: Adopted us as their charity of the year again in 2015/16, with staff involved in a whole range of fundraising and awareness-raising activities in store.
- Castle Terrace and The Kitchin Restaurants: Customers added a donation to their restaurant bill for a whole month.
- PWC in Glasgow: Held a dress down Friday amongst staff.
- Scotmid: Donated the proceeds from their carrier bag sales.
- Asda: Staff and customers voted for us in their 'Chosen by You' initiative
- Tesco: Bags of Help Scheme
- Waitrose: Staff and customers posted their green tokens in the 'Community Matters' box to cast a vote for VT.
- Arc'teryx: Continued support for our Greenspace wilderness therapy work and GOAL project.
Say hello and find out more
If you're interested in working in partnership or have some questions, we'd love to hear from you. Get in touch with our Corporate Partnerships Manager Stephanie McAdams on 07557281803 or email email@example.com
Our Commitment to Your Company
As an organisation dedicated to supporting young people and adults across Scotland with multiple and complex challenges in their lives, Venture Trust looks to provide more opportunities for our participants to engage with businesses; learn about potential employment opportunities or traineeships; and develop life and employability skills.
In turn this provides businesses with:
- Enhanced responsible business practice;
- Employee engagement activities to strengthen learning, development & wellbeing;
- Apprenticeships and traineeships;
- Increased recruitment & staff retention; and
- Teambuilding opportunities and fundraising challenges.
How are we creating shared value that benefits our partners, our participants and our staff?
Established in 1982, Venture Trust is in the unique position of providing people second, third or fourth chances. We want nobody to be left behind. We offer a person-centred approach, which includes a journey of intense personal development lasting over 9 months. The programmes, which include a remote Wilderness Journey and ‘urban greenspace’ sessions, are managed by a team of professionals dedicated to tackling social inequality. Our mission is challenging but incredibly rewarding.
Key impacts of our work are:
- Greater stability & wellbeing;
- Safer communities; and
- Jobs and prosperity.
Employability is a particular focus of our work with individuals. We’d be really interested in discussing whether your business and staff would be keen to offer us pro-bono support, work placements or voluntary mentoring. We really value your skills, expertise and advice.
How Venture Trust and Barclays collaborations since 2013 have impacted hundreds of young people's futures
Since 2013, year after year, Barclays have committed their time, skills, financial support and generosity to enable our participants make transformational changes in their lives. From bothy weekends to CV writing skills workshops to mock interviews we are grateful for every single contribution. The mutual benefits are what keeps our relationship going from strength to strength. Here’s a story: Venture Together
Arc’teryx and Venture Trust on Mental Health & Wellbeing
We love working with outdoor company Arc’teryx. This company embodies our mission for getting people outside into the great outdoors. Their financial support over the last two years has been invaluable and we are super excited to be running a joint event on Mental Health & the Outdoors in Summer 2020. Here is an article from their blog, ‘Walk in Another Person’s Shoes’: https://blog.arcteryx.com/venture-trust/
Venture Trust’s work demonstrates how collaborations can yield greater impact
Without our partners, our funders and our support network we would not be able to break cycles of inequality. 1 in 4 people in Scotland still live in poverty. Together with your help we can reach more people and help overcome barriers to training, stability, well-being and employment. Together we can give disadvantaged people the tools and resources they need to progress in life because we believe in a better future for all - one with more equality, more prosperity, safer for all, and with more generosity too.
Talk to us today to find out more.