As lockdown begins to lift, it still might be challenging for many around Scotland to get out into the mountains; this might just be the next best thing! Challenge yourself or your family to 'BagAMunroIn2020’.
Join Venture Trust’s new campaign to support people to #BeWellBeConnectedBeReady.
Inspired by two incredible young fundraisers, all this challenge requires is for you to follow these easy steps:
- Choose the Munro that you want to ‘bag’ and find out the height
- Decide how you’re going to complete the challenge – are you going to climb the height from the stairs in your house, slide the length of the Munro from the slide in the backgarden, walk the length of your hallway, use your daily walk, or even bounce the height from your trampoline! Which ever method you choose, you need to measure the distance you’ll be travelling.
- Then divide the height of your chosen Munro by the height of your stairs, step, slide etc.
- This final number is your challenge target!
For example: Ben Nevis, the tallest mountain in the UK, is 4,411ft. Your stairs are 10ft tall. So, your challenge is to climb your stairs 441 times in order to reach the top of Ben Nevis!
Got creative new ways to #BagaMunro? Let us know on social media so we can support all the incredible work you’re doing.
Aiden & Caladh #BaggedBenNevis by sliding down their slide 889 times! Alex & Emma bounced their way up Ben Lomond, all in support of Venture Trust and our vital campaign.
Here are some Top Tips from these seasoned Munro baggers:
- make sure you have plenty of water and snacks to keep you going – it’s a long way to the top (or bottom!)
- Give yourself plenty of time (it took nearly 7 hours to slide all the way down Ben Nevis... and climb to the top!)
Why not complete the challenge over several days, combining the distance of your daily walks until you’ve ‘reached the summit’?
There are 282 Munros around Scotland you can choose from! You could climb up Ben Hope, the northernmost Munro in Scotland, or walk the distance of the southernmost Munro, Ben Lomond, in your own hallway. Follow this link to find out your nearest Munro.
Our #BeWellBeConnectedBeReady campaign is focused on supporting the people most at risk in our society during this pandemic, disproportionately affected by the new reality of reduced social contact and self-isolation.
By deciding to #BagaMunroin2020 you are standing with the most vulnerable in our society.